Monday, April 13, 2009

My spirit is so broken.

The saga continue...


I don't even want to go back to school anymore. The bad part is that with all the "characters" that I have I'm my class this year, it is still bearable. I have hard days because I deal with hard students. That comes with the territory. Every teacher has a hard class, at least one year.


All of this would be ok, but when I bust my ass to give my students, and school 110% and get no gratitude, what's the point. I am a good teacher. I know this and I trust this. But when I received my end of the year evaluation and I am deemed just "at standard", when clearly I go above and beyond everyday. Should this not entitle me an "above standard" status? One would think, but that's not the case in this situation.


Alas, I am just a "standard" teacher, who does "above standard work". I feel that I work harder than most of the teachers at my school , but that's not reflected in my progress evaluation. And due to this, my spirit as a teacher, an educator, and all around good person is completely gone.

No comments: