Thursday, March 05, 2009

Evidently, now I'm racist!!!

Here's a breakdown of my day:

1) "The Man" threw a pencil at another student today. When I tried to correct this behavior and explain why it is dangerous, he got mad and sat at his desk, refusing to complete his Math Test. He then began to make noises and was disrupting other students who were trying to take their Math Test. He did not complete one question on his test. He just kept saying over and over again, "Can you call my momma? I wanna get out of this school!"

I asked him to put his name on his test paper. When he came to get his test paper from me, he dropped three pieces of loose leaf paper on the floor. I asked him to pick of the paper that he dropped, he replied, "When I get back!" I said, "Ok," and reached for a referral form. He became so angry, he stormed out of my room, slamming the door behind him.

This afternoon, while walking to the bus lot, I was explaining to him why he was getting suspended again, and that he was again going to miss his Spelling and Reading test for the second week in a row. This is going to have a negative impact on his academics. He yelled at me, "Man, you need to shut up and get out of my face!" He then proceeded to walk back into the school building, though I asked him several times to return to his seat in his bus line. No one had could find him.

I just got off the phone with his mother and when she asked him about what happened and why he got suspended, he said that he thinks I don't like black people!

Great! Now I've been classified as a racist by a disrespectful 11 year old, who does not take any responsibility for his own actions.

Wonderful, what a great day!

No comments: