Tuesday, March 03, 2009

My Kingdom for Another Snow Day

Yesterday we had a snow day. This is (count 'em) the THIRD SNOW DAY of the year!

Now I don't know about how the universe works; if it is karma, the Lord our savior, or the butterfly effect, but I don't think that it is just a coincidence that every time we have an "incident" at school, the next day we have a snow day. Something is trying to tell me something!

Here is my proof:

Snow Day #1) January 20, 2009 - Inauguration Day - Day before my birthday. This was the universe giving me a birthday present. No explanation necessary.

Snow Day #2) February 4, 2009 -Wednesday -
Fought with Special Education teacher on work not being completed for my students. After NUMEROUS meetings, and no change in work effort, I LOST it in front of Asst. Principal, Literacy Facilitator, and Talent Development Coordinator. "Leader" was no where to be found (go figure) but this would have been the 12th meeting with her, and still nothing changed.
After this I was called into the Principal's office, (yes, I'm a 9 year old again) and was yelled at because I failed to follow the chain of command, and went over her head. Even though, my team and I met with her on several occasions and nothing was ever resolved. I finally took matters into my own hands and had to pay the piper. (As I say to my students, I needed to suffer the consequences for my actions.)
I then returned to my classroom and tried to teach, and was cussed out by a student. GREAT!

Due to all of these reasons, I really needed a day off, and the next day>>> SNOW!

Snow Day #3) March 2, 2009 - Monday
After my two hellacious days of battling with the "leader", (see previous posts), do I really need to explain why I needed a day off?!?!?!?

Now, don't get me wrong, I love the days off, because I really wanted it, but I HATE having to make up these days. As of right now, we already had to give up our President's Day workday. Our workday scheduled for the end of this month, has now become an instructional day and we have to make up that workday during Spring Break. Now because of yesterday, we do not have Memorial Day off. Really???

Now for those of you who are complaining that you "didn't get a snow day" yesterday, and those who are sarcastically saying that teachers "have it so hard...my job doesn't get snow days.... blah blah blah." May I please say that I saw the list of closings yesterday and the businesses that were closed were longer than the schools that were closed! I bet those professions who didn't have to go to work yesterday, don't have to have a make up day! SO SUCK IT!!!!

With as much work as I have to do trying to redo my lessons for the week (really the rest of the nine weeks) to add and subtract these damn make up days, it really wouldn't hurt my feelings to have snow days 'till August 24!

(For those of you who don't know, that when the next school year starts.) I am so over this year!

No comments: